Project Dump: A Progress Report
Hey folks, time for a monthly update! Has it really been that long? Dang, I really hope that’s not the way things will be from now on!
I’ve been working some on emulating medieval manuscripts, I just love the blue and red capitals, and the nice spacing: wide margins and compact scripts.
I’m thinking of learning a new hand, most probably Carolingian. A couple good examples of this hand are found in the Grandval Bible:
More here (just scroll down a little bit and click on the thumbnail).
And the Ramsey Psalter:
Some more here.
I am also working on transcribing Lloyd Reynolds TV program, god knows why. I just finished the first episode and it took me ages! We’ll see if that continues. Unfortunately my hope of focusing on the quenya textbook did not pan out. But I do have some other things to share with you.
Progress on the light box has continued apace, but not quite on schedule. I discovered, upon cutting and gluing some of the pieces, that my design in not a simple as it could be and I am in the process of redesigning now. So yet again work on the hobbit will have to wait.
Another couple of projects I’m working on is a lovely poem by Tom Clark:
I think the final will be in italic, with a heavy border along the bottom.
Lastly I’m creating a piece with a couple of lyrics from a Gregory Alan Isakov song:
I’ll have more on those two projects as I keep working on them.
Well that about wraps it up for now. I hope to be able to share some more with you before the week is out. And maybe pick up my posting schedule a bit!